* all images property of Jeff Phegley (www.jeffphegley.com)

Sunday, July 3, 2011

New Screen Prints and Etchings





These four works were created as an homage to some of my favorite toys that I purchased as a kid. S.S. Adams produced (still produces) a line of magic tricks that were sold in bright colored packaging. The magic tricks were usually pretty rubbish but looking back I realized it was the flashy packaging and the vacuum sealed objects that I was attracted to. I have taken this concept up a notch by plastic sealing etchings, based on portraits of American blues artists, into candy colored screen printed packs that are meant to be displayed as if in a retail store setting. The images above show the front of the packaging (left) and the back of the packaging (right). Each of the packages are hand-printed in editions of 10.

No comments: